” It is a weekend and a group of friends wants to drink something, as they don’t know the area where they are, they decide to ask to this faithful friend who always gives answers, Holy Google. “
Surely that this situation is remarkable to most people, when you have to use your mobile phone to find where can you eat, where is a place, where is the closest automatic teller machine, but we’re sure that at some time you have had to take your phone to find the location of an area that you were not knowing or to find, for example, the most nearly bank. We cannot obviate that our habits have changed very much, before we asked directly someone in the street, now with our mobile we can find by ourselves.
And according to a recent research of Marketing Exchange, 67 % of the local searches are related to the current location, it means that searches are realized walking or at least in the street. These results mean that answers need to be find in this precise instant and quickly; lucky will be business, trades or shops well positioned o tiendas que están bien posicionado which will have these clients.
We have to take into consideration forecasts for next years and begin to launch into the world of local searches. So it’s necessary begin to work.
Let’s begin with a little bit of SEM:
- Mobiles characteristics are different of computers, (small screens, minor utilization of the keyboard) and the users are in different places (street, train, car, shops …) but, it’s not necessary to think about the same SEM strategy that you have in your web.
- The contents must be optimized for mobile: concrete, relevant and concise (nobody likes to read big paragraphs)
- Keywords must be checked, we don’t use the same keywords using a mobile and using a computer (in general we realize less exhaustive searches in the mobile)
- The information must be extremely updated: Principal informations like the adress, telephone number or schedule are more defendants. We do not have to fail those elements.
- We have to design a specific website for mobiles, that is an app or a mobile website.
- Open a page in Google Places. This is basic, Google gives preference to your search engine to Google Places companies’ when searches are local and it allows gathering of comments and valuations (we know perfectly the importance of recommendations nowadays).
- Includes links and take advantage of social media opportunities.
And let’s continue with a bit of SEM:
As SEO, we cannot have the same SEM strategy of the web in the mobile. We have to make one specific for this way.
- For the local searches, it’s better to use keywords which help to the location: ZIP codes, streets, neighborhoods or also keywords like: office, shop of, location …
- Do not neglect the consistent with keywords.
- Be concise in the texts, the user wants to solve a problem, and we try to facilitate it to the maximum, for example removing our name. It‘s better to see ” Flowers at home ” that ” Flowers Maria Luisa “.
- To emphasize benefits: special offers, home delivery service, telephonic orders…)
- You have to take care of thelanding page. If you are promoting a product or place, do not conduct users to the home page, because they will have to search again. It’s much better if you have few clicks.
- The chosen keywords must be in the announcements that we write.
- You have to alaunch your campaign, study results and optimize (surely that you will not obtain results for the first time).
These points are only the beginning because the positioning process is very long and tedious, but benefits will come step by step and that’s why you don’t have to let it get away.