Few are the people, companies, associations and others which not using a social network as far as it really has a very wide choice there with the variety. Yes, the social networks are fashionable.
That’s why Digital Insights has developed a complete graphic including facts, numbers and statistics of social networks in 2013 for each of the most used social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Google +, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Pinterest), and the data which stand out is rather surprising. Let’s go:
Facebook (1.150 million users)
- 751 million users access Facebook from mobile with 7.000 different devices.
- There are over 10 million Facebook apps so far.
- 23 % of Facebook user’s check their account more than 5 times a day.
- 74 % of marketers believe Facebook is important for their lead generation strategy.
- 350 million photos are uploaded every day.
- 75 % of possible engagement a post gets in its first 5 hours.
Twitter (500 million users)
- There are over 288 million monthly active users.
- 28 % of retweets are due to inclusion of ” Please RT “.
- Twitter’s fastest growing age demographic is 55 to 64 years old, registering an increase in active users of 79%
- 60 % of Twitter users access it from mobile.
- Approx 20 million user accounts are fake.
- On an average, over 400 millions tweets being sent per day.
- 208 is average number of tweets per account.
Google + (500 million users)
- Over 343 million active users on Google+.
- Platform has over 67 % male users.
- 80 % users login at least once a week to Google+ and 60% users login everyday
- The 1+ button is served more than 5 billion times per day.
- 40 % of marketers use Google +, 70 % desire to learn more and 67 % plan to increase Google+ activities.
- Animated GIFs are still the most engaging type of post.
LinkedIn (283 million users)
- Total number of LinkedIn group are 1.5 million.
- 27 % users access LinkedIn thought their mobile.
- 50 % of LinkedIn users have their Bachelor’s or Graduate degree.
- 81 % of users at least belong to one group.
- 42 % update their profile information regularly.
- Over 3 million LinkedIn company pages.
- Over 1 billion LinkedIn endorsement.
Instagram (130 million users)
- More than billion photos being already uploaded.
- An average user on Instagram has of 40 photos.
- MTV is the most followed brand on Instagram with over 1.2 millions followers
- Every second, 8.000 users like some or other photo.
- Instagram gets 1.000 comments per second.
- Over 5 million videos being shared within 24 hours of launch.
- More than 5 million upload every day.
Pinterest (70 million users)
- More than 69 % of users are female.
- Only 6 % of users connected their Facebook accounts.
- Food is the top category on Pinterest with 57 % discussing about food-related content.
- 80 % of total Pinterest’s pins of are repins.
- Nordstorm is the most popular brand on Pinterest with more than 4.4 millions followers.
- Garlic cheesy bread is the most repined Pinterest Pin.
- There are over 1 billion unique monthly visitors on YouTube.
- 4.2 billion people use mobile device to access social media sites.
- Social media generate almost double the marketing leads of trade show,
telemarketing, daily mail, or PPC.
- Women check out a brand’s social page more often than men
- More than 23 % of marketers are investing in blogging and social networks.
- Around 46 % of Web users turn to social media for making purchase.
- 60 % consumers says the integration of social networks makes more likely to share product and services.
Social Media facts, figures, numbers and statistics of 2013
To finish, you can find other fantastic graphics concerning social networks data and use on my blog
And you? Which are the social networks you use more frequently and why?
Do not hesitate to comment! 😉